DIY Supplies for Playhouse Building
Growing up nearly every child at one point wants their family to build a playhouse or fort. Great childhood memories happen playing make believe in a playhouse. Our customers have shared with us over the years some planning factors that help you build a playhouse that is safe and sturdy and able to withstand the hours of play that happens in a playhouse. Look to Shed Windows and More for your best selection for playhouse windows.
Playhouse Planning & Building
- Kids want to use a playhouse for a variety of play activities, to be sure that it is well suited to both boys and girls be sure to include elements both would enjoy.
- Remember that children from 3 to usually 9 or 10 are the main age groups that play in playhouses. For your playhouse to have longevity and suit both ends of the age spectrum be sure that sizing fits from 3 1/2 feet tall to 4 1/2 feet tall children. Keep this really in mind for roof, door, and counter height.
- Remember to make your child’s playhouse comfy both winter and summer, don’t forget the insulation and keeping the playhouse well ventilated.
- Make sure all surfaces are easy to clean, especially the floor.
- Ensure that your playhouse is safe for a wide range of ages by making corners on the inside of the structure rounded to help prevent accidents.
- Families move more often these days; make sure your house can be taken apart or will easily fit on a flatbed trailer to bring the playhouse to your new home.
- Above all build it strong and sturdy; in playing children open cabinets and doors hundreds of times, think wear and tear.
- Keep in mind kids like to climb and crawl; and outdoor slide from a second story or an inside slide down from a loft will bring hours of fun.